Group members in both CEA and NTU:
Leader: Dr. HDR. Jean-Christophe P. Gabriel, Invited Professor @ NTUPostdocs,
Research Fellows or Senior Research fellow:
- Thibault Rosier (12/2023-11/2026): "Recyclage de métaux critiques perdus et issus de cartes de circuits imprimés usagés." Thèse CIFRE avec ECOLOGIC France;
- Gwénael Dupuis (11/2023-10/2026): "Microfluidic development for the analytical study of biohydrometalurgy processes for the recycling of critical metals ;
- Sarah Chevrier (2021-02/2024): "New membranes based on 2D materials";
- Nicolas Charpentier (2023-01/2024): "Recyclage de déchets électroniques : tri et réutilisation";
Research Assistant (NTU):
- Estelle Brière (NTU): 06/2023 - 05/2024;
Interns: Looking for some, see below
Job openings (tenured or not):
We are currently hiring one research fellows (postdocs) in CEA/NTU SCARCE joint laboratory in Singapore. Look Here for more details and to apply (N.B. due to visa restrictions, local applicants are strongly encouraged).
There are currently two open positions for PhD candidates, one on the development of new membrane for water purification and selective separation of metals (Chemist profile seeked), the other on critical metal recovery from advanced sorting (Instrumental development engineer seeked).
NIMBE being a joint unit with CNRS, the group can be host of CNRS permanent/tenured researchers (commission 14 or 15 in the case of this group), either by mobility or cia the yearly contest: see here for more details. Current deadline for applicant to the 2024 contest is end of december 2023.
NB: There are also yearly funding opportunities for French University Professors to spend a sabbatical in the group. Feel free to contact JC Gabriel.
Former group members (Since 2013):
Visiting Scientists and Professors
Postdocs or Research Fellows:
- Dr. Jayaraman Yamuna (NTU), 2021-04/2023
- Dr. Mya Mya Khin (NTU), 2021-02/2023, now in NUS Singapore.
- Dr. Tien Hoa Nguyen (NTU), 2020 - 08/2022, Now in NTU Prof. Hu Xiao's group
- Dr. Ange A. Maurice (2018-2021) Now at Department of Thermal and Fluids Engineering, Madrid University Carlos III
- Dr. Varun Rai (2020-2021) now researcher at NUS Singapore
- Dr. Daobin Liu (2020-2021) now JSPS Postdoc Fellow (Institute of Solid State Physics)
- Dr. Junhua Xu (2020-2021) now Ass. Prof at Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Fang Wei (2019-2020): now Ass. Professor, School of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering, Ningbo University, China
- Dr Johannes Theisen (2014-2018), now R&D system manager with Biomérieux.
- Dr. Yuemin Deng (2020-10/2023): Recycling of ewaste using Sc-CO2; now with ECOLOGIC France
- Dr. Fabien Olivier (2020-2023, joint supervision with Prof. Charles Yang Chun from NTU): "Processes development using a microfluidic platform". Now with ERAMET.
- Dr. Lina Cherni (10/2019-01/2023): Exfoliation of 2D materials and their applications
- Dr. Christophe Penisson (10/2015 - 09/2018), now Research Engineer at CNRS
- Dr. Nawres Sridi (2010-2013), now at SAGEM
- Thibault Rosier (3rd year Student at CentraleSupelec, 2023);
- Paloma F. (9th grade internship, 2023, 1 week)
- Sébastien Paloc (1st year Magistère, ENS Paris Saclay)
- Alexandre Stawiarski (3rd year Engineering school internship, 2021), now Engineer at Mines ParisTech
- Kassandra Ojeil (3rd year Engineering school internship, 2021). Now VIE at Capgemini
- Gabriel Bernard (3rd year Engineering school internship, 2017). Now at SICK Sensor Intelligence
- Alistair Gabriel (9th grade internship, 2017) Student at ISEP
- Lucas Hummel (9th grade internship, 2017)
- Brice Gay (9th grade internship, 2016)
- Pan Zhou (3rd year ENSIC Engineering school internship, 2016). Now Research Engineer at EDF China, Beijing, China.
- Fatima-Ezzahra Hami (3rd year ENSIC Engineering school internship, 2016), now Welding Engineer at IWE, France.
- Marine Le Meur (Master Alternance, 2015-2016), now Back-End Quality Engineer at STMicroelectronique
- Dr. Nicolas Gauthier (Magistère internship, 2014), now at CEA after a Ph. D. with SAFT.