New Inorganic Crystal Structure Database in Grenoble

Dear AFC members.

We already have 4 French labs willing to work together to open the complete 65000 structures of the Inorganic Crystal Structure Database ICSD to all of France. And we already have the new database running at ILL Grenoble on http://icsd.ill.fr/ Please try it and tell us what you think.

Databases of existing work are essential for any scientist. Research is expensive, and it is vital to know what has already been done before undertaking new work. But we still need 6 more labs. to contribute 1500 Euro per year if we are to open this database for unrestricted access within France (less if more labs participate).

We have done what we can, but now we need your help.

Alan.

Dr Alan W. Hewat, Diffraction Group Leader.
Institut Laue-Langevin, BP 156X Grenoble FRANCE 38042
fax (33)4.76.20.76.48 tel (33)4.76.20.72.13 (or .26 Mme Guillermet)
<hewat@ill.fr>  http://www.ill.fr/dif/AlanHewat.htm

Pour toute modification de votre souscription, pour consulter les archives:
http://listhost-ext.lmcp.jussieu.fr/wws/info/afc