The Paul Scherrer Institute with 1300 employees is the largest research centre for the natural and engineering sciences in Switzerland and a worldwide leading user laboratory. Its research activities are concentrated on the three main topics of solid-state physics, energy and environmental research as well as human health.
For the direct geometry Time-Of-Flight instrument FOCUS at the spallation neutron source SINQ, the Laboratory for Neutron Scattering (PSI & ETH Zurich) is looking for an
*********** Instrument Scientist ***************
- Operation and further development of the FOCUS instrument
- Support for external users during their stay at PSI
- Research in the field of molecular spectroscopy or stochastic processes in condensed matter
- Publishing of research results in scientific literature and presentation at international conferences
- Supervision of Master and PhD students
The successful candidate should hold a PhD degree in Physics or Chemistry and have a track record in publications. Several years experience with inelastic neutron scattering using Time-Of-Flight and/or Backscattering spectrometers are desirable. You have interest in instrumentation development and are a flexible team worker who is able to lead mid-term projects. Knowledge of neutron scattering instrumentation and scientific data analysis is required as well as good communication skills in English.
For further information please contact: Dr Bertrand Roessli, phone +41 (0)56 310 44 01, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application to: Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources, Ref. code 3302-01, Thomas Erb, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland or to: email@example.com
Neutron mailing list