De: Barker, Buffie M. [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Envoyé: jeudi 22 juillet 2010 20:56
Objet: [Neutron] Neutron Sciences Industrial Liaison
Pièces jointes: ATT3880211.txt
The Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) invites applications for a Neutron Sciences Industrial Liaison in the Neutron Sciences Directorate (NScD). With the United States’ highest flux reactor-based neutron source for condensed matter research (the High Flux Isotope Reactor) and the world's most intense pulsed, accelerator-based neutron source (the Spallation Neutron Source), ORNL is becoming the world's foremost center for neutron science. Research at these facilities encompasses the physical, chemical, materials, biological, and medical sciences and will provide opportunities for up to 2000 researchers each year from industry, research facilities, and universities all over the world. To learn more about Neutron Sciences at ORNL go to: http://neutrons.ornl.gov .
The Neutron Sciences and Technology Partnerships Directorates jointly seek candidates with outstanding records of accomplishment and demonstrated ability to build world-leading and innovative programs of neutron scattering research in partnership with industrial organizations. Candidates, with research experience in a relevant science discipline, are invited to apply and are expected to build comprehensive programs that will increase the awareness and use of neutron scattering techniques in applied research programs in collaboration with industrial partners. Such programs are expected to maximize the impact of ORNL research capabilities in the applied sector and link to similar capabilities in other ORNL directorates, government agencies and associated universities.
• Will lead Neutron Sciences and Technology Partnerships teams to nurture, develop, and enable research by industrial users at ORNL’s neutron scattering facilities. This will include helping users to develop user proposals, conduct experiments, and analyze data.
• Will work with other staff and research groups at ORNL to conduct world-leading neutron scattering research that is of potential interest to different communities in the industrial sector.
• Will promote application of neutron scattering research performed at ORNL to the industrial community through personal interactions including scientific posters and talks, site visits, and workshops.
• Will work with colleagues in Communications and Outreach to develop products and activities enhancing visibility and relevance of neutron scattering across different communities in the industrial sector.
• Will work with industrial liaisons of other user facilities to promote an integrated approach to industrial access to the capabilities needed to perform their research and development.
• Will identify impediments to industrial research at ORNL and within NScD, and recommend appropriate changes to policies and practices.
• Will be a team member who will enable vigorous scientific programs in neutron scattering research within different communities in the industrial sector.
• Will maintain a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of Laboratory values and ethics.
A Ph.D. and a minimum of 5 years of experience as a research scientist in materials science, physics, chemistry, or related fields (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) is required. Demonstrated achievements in promoting collaborative relationships and building multi-disciplinary research teams are required. Strong written and oral communication skills, including an extensive list of publications and presentations and the desire to work in a team environment on technically and scientifically challenging problems, are required. Experience in research in an industrial environment is desired. Experience with a variety of techniques utilized at a neutron or x-ray synchrotron facility is highly desired.
To apply for this position: http://jobs.ornl.gov