|Subject: [Neutron] Accelerator Operations Manager|
|From: "Barker, Buffie M." |
|Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:41:21 -0500|
|To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" |
The Neutron Sciences Directorate at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) invites applications for an Accelerator Operations Manager. With the United States’ highest flux reactor-based neutron source for condensed matter research (the High Flux Isotope Reactor) and the world's most intense pulsed, accelerator-based neutron source (the Spallation Neutron Source), ORNL is becoming the world's foremost center for neutron science. Research at these facilities encompasses the physical, chemical, materials, biological, and medical sciences and will provide opportunities for up to 2000 researchers each year from industry, research facilities, and universities all over the world. To learn more about Neutron Sciences at ORNL go to: http://neutrons.ornl.gov.
This position will provide oversight of accelerator operations and the accelerator operations team during shutdowns, upgrades and production running of SNS accelerator systems. Provide technical and administrative expertise during accelerator operations and coordinate development activities.
• Responsible for the overall safe, efficient, effective operation of SNS Particle Accelerator Systems
• Maintain operation of the SNS Particle Accelerator Systems within the established Accelerator Operations Envelope (OE) and Accelerator Safety Envelope (ASE).
• Develop and execute operations, maintenance and commissioning plans for accelerator systems.
• Provide technical oversight during operations, maintenance and commissioning of all SNS accelerator systems.
• Provide administrative oversight of Accelerator Operations Coordinators, Accelerator Control Room Shift Supervisors and Control Room Accelerator Specialists as required.
• Update and add to the SNS Accelerator Systems Operations Procedures Manual as required.
• Participate in documenting and implementing the development plans within budgetary and schedule constraints.
• Analyze data and prepare reports on the performance metrics for SNS accelerator systems.
• Assist in developing and execute plans for improving the performance of SNS accelerator systems.
• Manage the hiring of the Accelerator Operations Group staff.
• Comply with environmental, safety, health and quality program requirements, including ISMS and SBMS.
• Maintain a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics.
At least 10 years experience in design, construction or operation of a particle accelerator and related control systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in managing or directing physicists, engineers, technicians and accelerator operators desired. A BS degree in physics, engineering or a related field is required and MS degree preferred. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be detail oriented.
To apply for this position: http://jobs.ornl.gov