Neutron News: Change of Editor

Dear colleagues,

By the end of last year, I have been nominated director of the Paul Scherrer Institute. Although I will start my new job only in August, I am already fully involved in all decisions regarding the institute, .... while keeping my old job(s).

In these conditions, you will easily understand that I won't be able to run NN anymore. Beginning of the year I have looked for a replacement and Herma Buttner as kindly agreed to take over.  Herma as been leading for many year the scientific coordination office (SCO) of the Institute Laue Langevin (France), before coordinating the IDEA_League in Europe for the universities ETH Zurich, Imperial College, Delft, Aachen, Paris Tech. She is currently working for ANSTO in Australia.

Herma knows NN very well and contributes regularly. She is one of the most efficient person I know and will do a great job for neutron news.

She has already created a new email address for NN:

neutron.news@ansto.gov.au

and will soon contact you to prepare the next issues of Neutrons News.
Feel free to email her if you are willing to have your institute featured or if there is a special topic you would like to see in NN.

The journal is currently beneficial and this is mainly due to your dynamism in providing excellent articles and reports for NN. As you may have noticed, since about 1 year, it is possible to have colored illustration for the articles. Although this at the charge of the authors, this is a great bonus for the journal.

Finally, I would like to thank all of you for having been so active in the last 5 years and for making my job rather easy. I am convinced that with Herma NN is on good tracks for the coming years.

All the best, Joel

Prof. Joel Mesot
Head of Laboratory
Laboratory for Neutron Scattering